This homemade Rocky Road Fudge is incredibly simple to make with just four basic ingredients. It’s decadently rich, offering a smooth and creamy texture that’s irresistible. As a classic combination, it’s ideal for holiday celebrations and makes a great homemade gift.
Making fudge during Christmas is essential! I’m all about easy microwave fudge recipes where you just melt chocolate, mix in a few ingredients, let it set, then slice and serve. It’s incredibly easy! What’s more, you can create a variety of fudge flavors using a basic formula of chocolate and condensed milk, which gives it a creamy, smooth texture.
This Rocky Road Fudge follows the same concept. It’s a blend of chocolate, condensed milk, and the classic Rocky Road mix-ins: nuts and marshmallows. Simple to make, easy to enjoy, and utterly delicious!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- You Can Change It Up: You can use different kinds of nuts and marshmallows to make it just how you like. I give you options and ideas below.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is simple and doesn’t need any baking, so literally anyone can make it. Kids love helping make this fudge too!
- Tastes Great: The mix of creamy chocolate, crunchy nuts, and soft marshmallows makes it really tasty and the textures are pretty awesome too.
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make American-style Rocky Road Fudge:
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
- Chocolate: The base of the fudge is chocolate, we are using almond chocolate bark but chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar are excellent substitutes. Choose the type of chocolate that suits your preference – dark, milk, or white.
- Condensed Milk: This is essential for the creamy texture of the fudge. It combines with the chocolate to create a smooth and luscious base. Make sure you are using a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Peanuts: While roasted peanuts add a classic crunch, don’t hesitate to experiment with other nuts. Walnuts, almonds, or a mix can offer varied flavors and textures, making your fudge uniquely delicious.
- Marshmallows: White mini marshmallows are ideal for this fudge. For an extra splash of fun, try using multi-colored marshmallows.
How To Make Rocky Road Fudge
- Prep the Pan: Begin by lining an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This step ensures easy removal of the fudge once it’s set.
- Melt the Chocolate: Place your chocolate almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt it in the microwave using 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until it’s completely smooth.
- Combine with Condensed Milk: Once the chocolate is melted, add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir these together until you get a uniform and creamy mixture.
- Cool the Mixture: Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly. This is very important and prevents the marshmallows from melting when added.
- Add Peanuts and Marshmallows: Fold in your peanuts (or other nuts) and marshmallows into the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to Pan: Pour the fudge mixture into your prepared pan, spreading it evenly across the bottom.
- Chill the Fudge: Place the pan in the fridge and let the fudge set. This usually takes about 2 hours, but you can leave it until it’s firm to the touch.
- Cut and Serve: Once the fudge is set, lift it out of the pan using the edges of the foil or parchment paper. Cut it into bite-sized pieces, and it’s ready to serve.
- Chocolate Choices: Experiment with different types of chocolate like semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate to find your favorite flavor for the fudge.
- Nuts Options: If you’re not a fan of peanuts, try using almonds, walnuts, or pecans for a different crunch.
- Marshmallow Fun: Along with mini marshmallows, consider adding flavored marshmallows for an extra twist.
- Smooth Melting: When melting chocolate, do it slowly and stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Setting Time: For firmer fudge, let it chill overnight in the fridge.
- Cutting Cleanly: Use a sharp knife warmed under hot water for neat, clean cuts through the fudge.
Tips for Keeping Rocky Road Fudge Fresh
Here are some easy ways to store your Rocky Road Fudge:
- Room Temp: Keep the fudge in a container with a lid. It’s good like this for a few days.
- In the Fridge: If you want it to last longer, put it in the fridge. It can stay good for about two weeks there.
- Freezing It: You can also freeze the fudge. Wrap it up well and it’ll be good for up to 3 months. Just let it sit out for a bit before you eat it.
- Keep it Dry: Fudge doesn’t like being in damp places, so find a dry spot for it.
Tried making this Rocky Road Fudge? I’d love to hear from you in the comments – Let me know how it went! Also, if you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. It’s a fun and easy treat that everyone can enjoy. Can’t wait to hear about your fudge-making experience!