You can’t judge these cookies by their cover! Oreo stuffed cookies are completely delicious and easy to make, with a simple chocolate chip cookie dough recipe wrapped around your favorite Oreo cookies.
Oreo stuffed cookies are so much fun to make, and they are extra fun to eat! Here you get to enjoy both a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie, and a chocolaty, creamy Oreo in one tasty treat.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe For Oreo Stuffed Cookies
- Two Cookies in One: Here, you get the best of both worlds: a thick, soft, buttery, homemade chocolate chip cookie and your favorite Oreo sandwich cookies.
- Big Cookies: Not only are these cookies stuffed with Oreos, but they are extra large, bakery sized cookies. This recipe only makes 12 cookies, but they are super sized.
- Easy Recipe: While it may seem complicated to make a stuffed cookie like this, it’s really very easy to do! We’ll share instructions, photos, and tips to show you exactly how to get an Oreo on the inside if your chocolate chippers.
- All-Occasion Favorite: Oreo Stuffed Cookies can join in your holiday baking traditions, or you can make these “just because”. They sell quickly at bake sales, and are a perfect treat to bake up for your friends or coworkers.
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
- Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt: The basic dry ingredients in many cookie recipes are all here. These make up the bulk of the dough and give it a bit of flavor and rise.
- Butter and Sugar: You will cream these two together to get the cookie dough started. Use unsalted butter, and be sure that it’s softened to room temperature before you start.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for one whole egg and an extra egg yolk. Let your eggs come to room temperature too, they mix in much easier that way.
- Vanilla Extract: a good quality pure vanilla extract is the perfect chocolate chip cookie flavoring.
- Oreos: Regular Oreo cookies are perfect here, but so are double stuffed, or any of the many flavors of Oreo cookies available at the store. Use your favorites. You only need 12 of them for the recipe, so the rest of the package is yours to enjoy later!
How to Make Oreo Stuffed Cookies
- Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) and set aside. In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix again until smooth. Next, add the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop Dough: Divide the cookie dough into 24 evenly sized balls, and roll each with your hands to smooth the edges. Place the dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and gently press to flatten slightly.
- Add Oreos: Place an Oreo on top of 12 of the dough disks, then cover with the other 12 pieces of dough. Use your hands to gently form the dough around the Oreos, creating large stuffed cookie dough balls.
- Chill: Place the tray of cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Bake: Arrange the cookies so that there are at least two inches between them. You’ll likely need to use two trays. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start turning golden brown.
- Cool: Allow the Oreo stuffed cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chill the Cookies Before Baking: If you don’t chill the dough after stuffing the Oreos inside, the cookies will spread way too much while they bake. Cold dough is key to making sure the Oreo stays all the way in the center of the chocolate chip cookies.
- To make them extra beautiful, press a few chocolate chips to the top of each cookie before baking. I didn’t do that in these photos, but you can see the difference if you look at my Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies recipe. A few extra chips on top make a big difference!
- Use Other Oreo Flavors: There are so many delicious Oreo varieties, and they are constantly adding new and exciting flavors. Try mint Oreo, birthday cake Oreo, peanut butter Oreo, or toffee crunch Oreo inside these chocolate chip cookies!
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding
- Pecan Sandies
- Bacon Cookies
- Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Cupcake Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
You can use miniature chips in this recipe, in fact, you might even prefer them. Mini chips mean more chocolate in every bite!
Oreo stuffed cookies will stay fresh for 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to let them cool completely before storing in the fridge.
I created this recipe using all white sugar to make things simple, but you can add some brown sugar for a deeper flavor if you like. I’d suggest using ¾ cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup brown sugar in place of the 1 cup of granulated sugar in the recipe.
Enjoy these amazing cookies, magically stuffed with Oreos! Everyone is going to go nuts for these, so make sure that you save the recipe to make again.