Easy Cake Mix Strawberry Lemonade Cookies made with just a few ingredients! These summer cookies are bursting with strawberry lemonade flavor and are the best combination of sweet and sour.
In our house, we bake cookies all year round! Summer flavors are so fun to make, and as I try to spend less time in the kitchen and more time outdoors, I enjoy making easy cake mix cookies.
Try my easy Strawberry Cookies with delicious lemonade icing, Lemon Cake Mix Cookies, or these Lime Cookies.
Join our Facebook Cookie Group! It’s a community of people who LOVE baking cookies! Join us to find new recipes, share recipes, or to ask cookie questions! 💕
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy Shortcut Cookie Recipe – Using a box of cake mix (or 2!) to make cookies is such a great shortcut. You only need 4 simple ingredients to make cake mix cookies.
- Summer Flavors – Nothing says summer more than strawberry lemonade, and you are going to love these!
- Strawberry and Lemon Cake Mix – You need two regular-sized boxes of cake mix (lemon and strawberry) to make one batch of these cookies.
- Eggs and Oil – Pay no attention to the instructions on the back of the cake mix box. Add the amounts listed in the recipe card in order to make cookies from the mix instead of cake!
- Powdered Sugar –
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
How To Make Cake Mix Lemonade Cookies
Start by lining two half-size baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, mix together lemon cake mix, ⅓ cup of vegetable oil, and 2 eggs. If cookie dough becomes too thick, keep folding it with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, mix together strawberry cake mix, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, and 2 eggs.
- Using a medium (1.5-inch) cookie scoop. Fill half of the scoop with lemon cookie dough and the other half with strawberry. Repeat, dropping the cookies onto the baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Move the cookies to the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill and as the cookies are chilling preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C (160°C fan oven).
- Place them back onto the baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and finish cooling on a cooling rack. Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar before serving.
- Be sure to allow 2 inches of space around each cookie when baking. These cookies will spread quite a bit.
- Make Crinkle Cookies: Roll the cookie dough balls in powdered sugar before baking if desired. Here’s an example of how I did that with Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies.
- Finish the cookies off with a lemon drizzle! I like to do fresh lemon juice and zest mixed with powdered sugar. Find the recipe in my Cake Mix Lemon Cookies.
Store lemonade cookies in an airtight container and enjoy them within 2-3 days for the best texture. The cookies can be kept longer, but they will start to get stale after 3 days.
Yes, melted butter works in this recipe. Swap the oil for the same amount of melted butter to make cake mix cookies.
Cake mix cookies freeze very well. Freeze baked and cooled cookies in an airtight container or bag in the freezer for 1-2 months.
White chocolate chips would be delicious here! For more strawberry flavor, you can add freeze-dried strawberries.
These Cake Mix Strawberry Lemonade Cookies are so fun to make, and everyone is going to love them! You must give these a try this summer! Be sure to Pin the recipe to save it and share it with others.
Leave a Review!