These super easy Cake Mix Snickerdoodle Cookies are made with just 6 simple ingredients in half an hour! If you love snickerdoodles, and you love cake mix cookies, this easy snickerdoodle recipe is for you!
Cake mix cookies are always a good idea, and these snickerdoodles might just be the best cake mix cookie recipe around. With their soft and chewy texture and cinnamon-sugar flavor, they are sure to become a new favorite. So the next time you are in the mood for a quick and easy cookie recipe, give these Cake Mix Snickerdoodle Cookies a try!
Keep in mind that these Cake Mix Snickerdoodles won’t taste the same as classic snickerdoodle cookies because well, they’re made with cake mix, and we’re not adding cream of tartar that’s essential for snickerdoodles. This is a fun and easy version of the cookie, and if you love super easy recipes I suggest that you try it!
And as you probably already know, I love taking shortcuts and cake mix cookies are one of my favorite types of cookies. You should also check out my Christmas Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies, the best ever Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies, and these simple Lemon Cake Mix Cookies.
If you’re wondering what else can you make with a box of cake mix, these Cake Mix Brownies are incredible! Or you can make cupcakes, I love these fun Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes, and these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cheesecake Frosting are incredible!
Join our Facebook Cookie Group! It’s a community of people who LOVE baking cookies! Join us to find new recipes, share recipes, or to ask cookie questions! 💕
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy Recipe. This recipe is ridiculously easy anyone can make it! Get your kids to help you make them, they will have fun rolling the cookie dough in cinnamon sugar.
- Few Ingredients. To make these you only need 6 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
- Cake Mix: You need one box of cake mix to make 18 2-inch cookies. I’m using Betty Crocker’s white cake mix, but a yellow cake mix would also be great here.
- Eggs and Butter: That’s everything you need to add to the cake mix to make cookies. I normally use vegetable oil for cake mix cookies, but snickerdoodles should be buttery so I used melted butter instead.
- Granulated Sugar and Cinnamon: For rolling the cookie dough balls before baking for a delicious Snickerdoodle flavor.
- Vanilla: This is optional, but vanilla adds a nice flavor to the cookie. You can use real vanilla or imitation vanilla here.
How To Make Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Get Ready: Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat silicone mats.
- Cinnamon Sugar: In a small bowl or a shallow dish, combine the granulated sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix: In a large bowl, combine cake mix with melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer or just a spatula until well combined (the mixture will be very thick and sticky).
- Scoop: Using a medium OXO cookie scoop (1.5 inches in size), scoop out cookie dough balls, then roll in the cinnamon sugar and place them on the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, then cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Smaller Cookies: If you’re adding these to a cookie tray, you may want to make them smaller. just use a small cookie scoop (1-inch size = 1 tablespoon), and decrease the baking time by 1-2 minutes. You will get 38 cookies in total.
- Be sure to allow 2 inches of space around each cookie when baking. These cookies spread a little, so you want to be careful not to put them too close on the cookie sheet.
- Avoid getting flat cookies: Some cake mixes (especially brands outside the US) can make flat cookies. The best way to tell if the cookies are going to be flat is with the consistency of the cookie dough, if it’s way too sticky and too soft then you can add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour to the mixture. I used Betty Crocker cake mix and did not need to add any flour to the dough.
Store these cake mix cookies in a single layer in an airtight container and enjoy them within 2-3 days. The cookies can be kept longer, but they will start to get stale after 3 days and won’t be as soft and delicious.
Other Easy Cookies You Should Make
Enjoy making these easy cake mix snickerdoodle cookies and enjoying them with your family any time of the year! Don’t forget to pin this recipe to try it later!
Comments & Reviews
The recipe calls for a 16.25-ounce cake mix. All cake mixes sold now are 15.25 ounces (shrinkflation — they used to be 18.25 ounces). How do you compensate for the difference in measurement? Thank you.
Hi Carolyn, I checked the Walmart website and the Betty Crocker white cake mix is still 16.25oz, but anyway I don’t think that 1 ounce would make a big difference! If you try this recipe, please let me know what you’ve used and how it turned out.