Avalanche Cookies are the perfect no-bake treat! Made with white chocolate, peanut butter, rice Krispies, mini marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips, they are impossible to resist. You will love the crunch of the rice krispies and the soft and chewy marshmallows in these cookies.
These cookies are so easy to make, and they are always a hit with kids and adults alike. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy snack or a fun dessert to make with your family, avalanche cookies are the perfect choice! Just like my Cornflake Peanut Butter Cookies, these no-bakes don’t last long in my house, and are requested quite often.
Looking for more fun no-bake cookies or treats? Try my No-bake Sugar Cookies, Scotcheroo Truffles, Birds Nest Cookies, or these Haystack Cookies!
Join our Facebook Cookie Group! It’s a community of people who LOVE baking cookies! Join us to find new recipes, share recipes, or to ask cookie questions! 💕
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to Make Candy. All you need to do is melt the chips, mix in some rice krispies and marshmallows, and scoop out into “cookies”. There’s no baking involved, and you can totally make this in the microwave! Plus, they’re made in just 10 minutes, I’m serious!
- Allergy Friendly. These cookies are egg-free, flourless, and gluten-free.
- Five Ingredients. You only need 5 simple ingredients to make these delicious cookies.
Here’s what you need to make these easy no-bake peanut butter avalanche cookies:
Complete list of ingredients with quantities and instructions is located in the recipe card below
- Rice Krispies: Regular, plain Rice Krispies are exactly what you need. Store brand crisp rice cereal can be used too.
- White Chocolate Chips: These will be melted and mixed with smooth peanut butter, best combo ever!
- Marshmallows: Use regular white mini marshmallows, they’re soft, fluffy and chewy and totally amazing in these cookies.
- Peanut Butter: Go for commercial smooth peanut butter, I use Skippy but any other brand works.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: These are optional, but I think they give a nice flavor to the cookie and look good too.
How to Make Avalanche Cookies
- Melt the White Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter: Add the white chocolate and peanut butter to a microwaveable bowl and heat at 30-second increments, stirring after each. Or use a large saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix: Let the mixture cool down for a minute or two, then stir in the mini marshmallows and Rice Krispies, making sure that everything is well coated.
- Scoop: Using a small cookie scoop, scoop small portions onto a pan lined with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat, and sprinkle with some mini chocolate chips. Allow to set in the fridge until hardened.
- Allow the Mixture to cool before adding it to the Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows. If you add it too soon, the marshmallows will melt and deflate.
- Use Other Types of Chocolate: While white chocolate chips are my first choice, you can totally use almond bark or milk chocolate if you wish. This will change the flavor of the cookie, but it will still be delicious.
- Add Candy or Nuts: These cookies are delicious as is, but to make them festive, you can add holiday M&M’s or sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
No Bake Dessert Making Tools
- Pyrex Mixing Bowls: There’s something about these clear glass mixing bowls that brings me back to baking with my mother. They are a must for me, even though I’ve tried other bowls, I still come back to these every time.
- Glass Pyrex Baking Dish: This 2 quart rectangular glass dish is perfect for this recipe.
- Hand Mixer: No need to use a fancy stand mixer when a hand mixer does the job just fine. I use this one from Kitchenaid.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: This set from OXO is just so well designed! There are magnets in the handles so they stack and stick to each other perfectly.
These are good when stored at room temperature in airtight container for up to 5 days. To store them for longer, keep them in the fridge. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to use a small cookie scoop that’s 1 tablespoon in size, but if you like larger cookies then you can use a medium cookie scoop that’s 2 tablespoons in size.
Enjoy making these fun and easy no-bake cookies! They are going to be a hit at your next party for sure. Be sure to Pin this recipe so you can find it again next time.
Leave a Review!